For Week #5, there was more testing, but these time for
Dancer::Script in a real working environment. But,
script was also tested as part of the Dancer application creation in
this step-by-step scaffolding process.
While my mentors were at the French Perl Workshop, I met with my
mentors, and discussed what I was working on, and what was next. In
sawyer pointed out several problems with the tests,
and the way I added several variables and broke the tests files.
franck did a review on a code I wrote to check the
supplied by the user. For that commit, here is the link.
What I worked on Week #5
So more then working on writing code, I tested Dancer::Script and the
run_scaffold against working Dancer applications. For
example, this blog was running with
Dancer::Script, and I tried on
another working application for the same purpose. They all run
correctly. The only problem that was occurring when loading the
module, was a horrible message of Subroutine’s stacking each other. In
a single commit, it was fixed by
Upon having a successful day testing Dancer applications, I went back
to test the scaffolding process of creating a working Dancer
application. I discovered a bug, and another problem with the logic
for selecting the correct Dancer MyApp.pm without a directory, all
dependent on the
name given by the user. Let me explain more about
the problem, so given a name to
bin/dancer script like this
Foo::Bar, this name will produce
is what is expected. But, if you entered
Foo only, its output
../Foo/lib/Foo/Foo.pm when the correct structure is
../Foo/lib/Foo.pm. Which breaks the call in
package in the
lib dir. So what I did was just added some simple
logic to select the correct way it should be structured. You can find
it in this commit.
So after this several commits, the module
Dancer::Script and the
run_scaffold method runs as expected.
For week #6, the following are the key points:
- Add an upgrade log file.
- Add a built log file.
- Add tests to each log creation process.
I’m currently working in a way to use the write methods from
Dancer::Script to write the logs needed. Well see what I get, I will
commit soon about the usage of such methods. Probably use
method, and print out everything to it.
Aside from the work, I seem to be back-on-track and on-point, not ahead of the schedule, but a bit further then current week. All to the help of my mentors. Thank you, Franck and Sawyer.